- November 7 Sat: 2009 Perfect Pickle Contest Pawtucket, RI
- November 21 Sat - November 22 Sun: A Harvest Holiday Tasting Little Compton, RI
Calling all picklers and fermenters around Providence.
Let's see your best bread-and-butters! Give us a taste of your kimchee! Judging is less than two months away. Get to your neighborhood farmers' market and then get pickling!
Contest Categories: Compete in any or all of these categories:
1. Best Brine (traditionally brined cukes)
2. Best Alterna-Brine (any pickle-able vegetable, any flavor)
3. Best Ferment (any sauerkraut or kimchee)
Hosted by Farm Fresh RI at the Wintertime Farmers' Market: 1005 Main St, Pawtucket, RI.
Contact Jenn by e-mail for more information.
A Harvest Holiday Tasting
Saturday, November 21 3:00PM - Sunday, November 22 8:00PM | Little Compton, RI | directions
Saturday & Sunday November 21 & 22
A HARVEST HOLIDAY TASTING from 12-5pm
featuring.......YOUNG FAMILY FARM'S
finest potatoes, squashes,apples and sweet treats you can order for all you Holiday entertaining. Enjoy a hayride, hot cider and a bit of holiday shopping.
Hosted by Young Family Farm at the Young Family Farm: 260 West Main Road, Little Compton, RI.
Contact Karla Young at (401) 339-7460 or by e-mail for more information.