The Buy Local RI tomato is a seal of commitment to Rhode Island family farms and artisan food producers. You'll find the at area farmers' markets, farmstands, restaurants, schools, groceries and caterers that offer foods fresh from the fields and waters of the Ocean State. The is a sign that you're in a place that values the environment, health and quality of life of Rhode Islands' farmers and eaters. And more simply, it's a sign of good taste.
Browse our Local Food Guide to Rhode Island to find what's fresh.
Enroll in the Buy Local RI campaign today.
You'll be in good company:
- Virginia & Spanish Peanut Co Providence
- RI Hospital Providence
- Whole Foods Market Providence
- Small Point Cafe Providence
- Bristol-Warren Regional Schools Bristol
- and 271 others...
Learn more before you enroll.
Who We Are. We are restaurants, cafés, caterers, artisan and prepared food producers, retailers and schools committed to supporting local and sustainable food production in the Rhode Island region.
Our Commitment to Farmers. We source directly from farms, artisan food producers or farmer-owned cooperatives in Rhode Island. Our participation in the Network is an indication of our commitment to grow and strengthen these relationships.
Our Commitment to Eaters. Our kitchen is a window into our passion for fresh, local cuisine. Our flavors are rooted in the Rhode Island landscape, and both grow and nourish an informed generation of eaters.
Farm Fresh RI offers tools to make buying local easy
- Local Food Guide with every farm in Rhode Island, plus nearby farmers' markets. Also lists partners.
- B2B farm factsheets: network of willing farmers and buyers
- Supports development of local food infrastructure (processing, storage, distribution) and policy in RI
- Delivery route information available via the web; development of coop sales and delivery among farmers
- RI Local Food Forum, annual B2B networking event
- Knowledge base: best practices, tips, network of experience
- E-newsletter for chefs and food service buyers
Farm Fresh RI educates Rhode Islanders about and local flavors
- Local Food Guides printed for each region of Rhode Island (Northern, South County, Aquidneck, Providence) ; distributed during the summer at hotels, visitor centers, farmers’ markets, community centers
- Online dining guides with all certified partners
- seal for windows, menus, product labels, publications
- Farmers' Markets: a free table for the season at one of these markets: Brown, Downtown Providence, Pawtucket (based on availability); also welcome for live cooking demos at any of our Providence markets
- E-newsletter for Rhode Island eaters
Community and Flavors. We wear two hats: a chef's and an educator's. We offer our customers a window into the unique flavors of Rhode Island. We share our culinary and sourcing experience to build the network of chefs and artisans committed to seasonal cuisine. In the food we create, we see a more sustainable food system that simmers with taste, health and inspiration.
An Even More Flavorful Future. We support efforts to rebuild regional food processing infrastructure to: expand the selection and availability of locally grown and value-added foods; and increase market opportunities for farmers and other small food businesses.
Success. We are successful when the farms we partner with remain working open spaces and continue to provide eaters across Rhode Island with fresh quality foods. We seek producers who provide strong, quality relationships that consistently supply the variety of foods we strive to source locally. Our farmers will grow together with us, as they produce for our menu and we craft our menu around their fresh harvest.
- Create an account and fill in your application online
- Certification fees (payable online or by check)
Mail any printed materials and payment to:
Farm Fresh Rhode Island
1005 Main St #1220
Pawtucket, RI 02860